Aadhaar PAN Link: The Deadline for Aadhaar PAN Link is 31st March 2021 and as previous multiple events, people are expecting that there will be extension of time/Days for Aadhaar PAN link. However, for those individuals, the Government has offered a different sort of news today. The Modi Government has indicated it will issue a penalty of up to Rs 1,000 in case anyone fails to do the PAN – Aadhar linking before last date is over which is 31st March 2021.
As per the new section added in the Finance Bill recently shown in the Lok Sabha –
“Failing to carry out the PAN Aadhaar linking order by the given deadline will suffer a late fee of up to Rs 1,000”.
Will i have to pay Rs 1,000 if i don’t link my Aadhaar Pan card?
- Rs 1,000 late fine will be exclusive from other penalties for holding an inoperative PAN Card.
- The Income Tax Department has already made it clear that failing to do Aadhaar PAN linking by 31st March 2021 will lead to one’s PAN Card becoming inoperative. Your PAN card will be counted as INOPERATIVE if its not linked to your Aadhaar card before 31st March 2021
- The department has also said that inoperative PAN card holders will have to face consequences under the Income Tax Act for not furnishing PAN with the income tax department.
- In other words, such PAN card holders will not only be treated as non-PAN card holders but may also be fined a penalty of Rs 10,000 under Section 272B of the Income Tax Act.
Here is the step by step guide for Aadhaar PAN link at income tax website:
1] Log in at incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in or at direct link www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html;
2] Fill PAN, Aadhaar and Name as on the Aadhaar card;
3] Fill in CAPTCHA;
4] Click at ‘Link Aadhaar’ option and your PAN Aadhaar Linking will get complete.
One can do the PAN Aadhaar linking via SMS too
Aadhar Pan Link via SMS –
- For Aadhaar PAN linking through an SMS, one needs to send an SMS at 567678 or 56161.
- Format of the SMS is ‘UIDAIPAN(12digit Aadhaar number) space (10 digit PAN Number).’ Means if someone has an Aadhaar Card number ABCDXXXXXXXXXX and PAN Card number ABCXXXXXXX then the format of the SMS will be “UIDAIPANABCDXXXXXXXXXX ABCXXXXXXX”.
PAN Aadhar Link Status Check Online –
There are people who have done the PAN Aadhaar Linking but they need to check whether their PAN is linked with their Aadhaar number or not. For that –
- they need to click at the direct link of the Income Tax Department website — incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/aadhaarstatus.
- Enter PAN and Aadhaar number and go to the ‘View Link Aadhaar Status.’ Their PAN Aadhaar Link Status will get displayed on the computer monitor.
Recent News –
|[Latest] Realme 8 Series Smartphone : Find out First Sale Date|
|Top 5 Highest Paying Jobs in 2021 | Find Out Now|
|8.2 TB Of MobiKwik Data Hacked : Company Denies Data Breach|